"Personal Information" is information that directly identifies or reasonably can be used to identify an individual customer or registered user. Examples include name, address, telephone number, email address, Social Security number, and financial account number.
"Anonymous Information" means information that does not directly identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual customer or registered user.
"Aggregate Information" means information about groups or categories of customers or registered users, which does not identify an individual customer or registered user. Aggregate Information is a kind of Anonymous Information.
"website" means any page or location on the Internet, no matter what device (cell phone, laptop, PC, etc.) or protocol (http, WAP, FTP or other) is used to access the page or location. In this Policy, we use the term “website” and other similar terms such as "internet site," "site" and "web page."
About the Information We Collect
We collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our website and our business relationship with you. Some examples include:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you -- including your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- Billing information related to your financial relationship with us -- including your payment data, credit history, credit card number, security codes, and service history
- Remy Battery website usage, viewing and other technical information related to your use of our website, products or services.
We collect information in these primary ways:
- You give it to us when you purchase, order, exchange or interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide;
- You provide it to us when registering or using our website;
- We collect it automatically when you visit our website
- You contact a Remy Battery call center or customer service desk
- We obtain it from other sources, such as from credit agencies or our service providers.
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible
- Provide the goods and services you purchase, and to respond to your questions
- Communicate with you regarding service updates, offers, and promotions
- Address network integrity and security issues
Online Activity Tracking and Advertising
We collect information about your activity on the Remy Battery website for a number of purposes using technologies such as cookies and server log files.
Remy Battery may share your Personal Information:
- within and among our affiliated companies to make sure your experience is as seamless as possible, and to make sure you have the full benefit of what Remy Battery has to offer.
- with third party collection agencies, credit bureaus and service providers in the event your account is delinquent.
- as Aggregate or Anonymous Information in various formats with third parties for research purposes.
Our Website is not designed to attract children under the age of 13. Remy Battery does not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13. If Remy Battery learns that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online, it will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under 13, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling 1-800-455-7400.
Safeguarding Your Information:
Our Policy on Data Protection and Security
- We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose.
- We maintain information about you in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes.
- We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by Remy Battery
- We require third parties acting on our behalf to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this Policy.
Customer Privacy Controls and Choices
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-455-7400 during normal business hours to make the following changes:
- You can review and correct any of your Personal Information collected by Remy Battery.
- You can limit certain types of solicitation communications from Remy Battery, including marketing contacts made via telephone, e-mail and text messaging.
- You may terminate your status as a registered user.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
Does this Policy apply to other users under my account with Remy Battery?
Yes. This Policy applies to anyone using your account. As a customer holding an account with Remy Battery you are responsible for making sure all other users under the same account understand and agree to this Policy.
When is information not covered by this Policy?
Information that you provide to third parties is not covered by this Policy. For example, if you use public forums — such as social networking services, Internet bulletin boards, chat rooms, or blogs on Remy Battery or third party websites — you should be aware that any Personal Information you disclose publicly can be read, collected, or used by others. Once you choose to reveal Personal Information on such a site, the information may be publicly available, and Remy Battery does not have the ability to prevent distribution and use of that information by other parties.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
What information do we collect?
We collect different types of personal and non-personal information based on your use of our products and services and on our business relationship with you. Some examples include:
- Account information we obtain as a result of your business relationship with us.
- Contact information that allows us to communicate with you, including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Remy Battery obtains your contact information when you order or register for our services.
- Billing information related to your financial relationship with us, such as the services you buy, the payments you make, your credit history, your credit card number, security codes, and your service history.
- Information You Provide to us: We collect information from you when you purchase a service from us or when you interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide. For example, you provide us with Contact Information, and Billing Information (such as credit information) when you order a service or establish an account with us.
- Information from other Sources: We may obtain information about you from outside sources. For example, we may request credit information about you from credit agencies for the purpose of initiating service to you, obtain commercially available demographic and marketing information about you from third parties, or purchase e-mail lists from third parties for advertising and marketing purposes.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use information we collect in a variety of ways. For example, we may use some or all of the information we collect as appropriate for the following purposes:
- to initiate, provide and manage the goods and services you purchase, and to respond to your questions or problems
- to develop, market, sell, bill and collect for our products and services
- to communicate with you regarding service updates as well as offers and promotions for features and services
- to address network integrity, quality control, capacity, misuse, viruses, and security issues, as well as for network planning, engineering and technical troubleshooting purposes
QUESTIONS ABOUT ONLINE ACTIVITY TRACKING
Do we collect information about your activity on our websites?
Yes. We use the information we gather for such purposes as improving your online experience and enhancing the capabilities of our sites and networks.
What are cookies, and server log files, and how do you use them?
"Cookies" are small data files placed on your computer by the websites you visit and can be used to help recognize you as a user of that site when you return, or when you visit other sites. A web "server log" is a record of activity created by the computer (called a "server") that delivers the web pages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the web page. The web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
Using these and similar tools, our websites collect data about your activity, such as data about the type of browser and operating system you use, which of our web pages you view, the time and duration of your visits to our Internet sites, the search queries you enter on our sites, and whether you clicked on an advertisement while on our site.
In general, we use this information as follows:
Advertising: We and our advertising partners may use information gathered through cookies and other similar technologies, as well as other information we or they may have, to help tailor the ads you see on our site and to help make decisions about the ads you see on other sites. For example, if you visit a Remy Battery website, you may later see a related ad from us on a website you visit.
You can configure most standard Web browsers to alert you when a website is attempting to send a cookie to your computer and to allow you to accept or refuse the cookie. You also can set most standard browsers to disable the capacity to receive cookies, and to delete cookies you previously have accepted. Please note that some Web pages (including some Remy Battery web pages) may not work correctly if you have cookies disabled. More information about deleting and controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
QUESTIONS ABOUT DATA PROTECTION AND SECURITY
Do we sell your Personal Information?
No. We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone, for any purpose.
What safeguards does Remy Battery have in place?
We have implemented technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your Personal Information. For example:
- We maintain and protect the security of computer storage and network equipment, and our security procedures require user names and passwords to access sensitive data
- We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by Remy Battery
- We require caller/online authentication before providing Account Information so that only you or someone who knows your Account Information will be able to access or change the information.
Will you notify me in case of a security breach?
Although we strive to keep your Personal Information secure, no security measures are absolute, and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Policy (for example, as the result of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate the law or this Policy). We will make reasonable attempts to notify you if we determine that Remy Battery has experienced a security breach and there is a reasonably likely risk of identity theft, or where otherwise required by law.
QUESTIONS ABOUT CUSTOMER CONTROL
Can I review and correct my Personal Information?
Yes. Remy Battery honors requests from customers to review their Personal Information maintained in reasonably retrievable form, and we are happy to correct information found to be inaccurate. Customers may verify that appropriate corrections have been made. Please contact us for assistance.
How can I limit your sales efforts?
We have established policies and practices to meet the expectations of customers and potential customers who have expressed a desire to limit certain types of solicitation communications from Remy Battery, including marketing contacts made via telephone, e-mail and text messaging. For example, we periodically send customers and potential customers news and updates via e-mail or text message regarding Remy Battery services, products and special promotions. Marketing e-mails that we send contain instructions and an online link that will allow you to stop additional Remy Battery marketing e-mails for that product or service type.
You can request to be removed from our telemarketing lists for consumer services and products by contacting us at sales @remybattery.com or by calling us at 1-800-455-7400 Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm Central Time. You also can request to be removed from these telemarketing lists when you receive a Remy Battery marketing or promotional call.
To limit postal mail solicitations, contact us at 1-800-455-7400. With this limitation you will continue to receive billing statements, legal notices, product updates and other similar correspondence, and you may still receive some promotional mailings.
What can I do if I receive unwanted e-mails?
Remy Battery tries to detect and prevent junk e-mails (also referred to as spam e-mails) from ever reaching your computer. However, if you are receiving unwanted spam from a Remy Battery e-mail address, please contact us for assistance.
What can I do to protect my passwords and Account Information?
When selecting user names and passwords for Remy Battery accounts, you should choose words or characters that are not obvious. Likewise, you should always keep Personal Information such as account numbers, user names, passwords or similar information in a secure place and not share the information with others.